Thursday, November 17, 2005

Google Base, I Like It But...

Yesterday Google released the beta version of Google Base which a free classified service that takes direct aim at Craigslist and eBay and all for the better I say.

I checked it out for several minutes and noticed that it provides a seamless experience with the rest of Google's offerings.

The only thing missing from Google Base is a payment processing system that would effectively compete with PayPal which is owned by eBay.  The payment processing feature is expected to arrive with a yet to be released service named Google Wallet.

One change that I would recommend is the ability to change the number of results viewed on a single page.  Right now it appears that you can view 10 found items per page during a search.  I would like to see this number increased to 50 or 100.

But overall, I give Google Base a big thumbs up and look forward to using it.  I really like the bulk uploading feature.

No comments: