Friday, May 19, 2006

Our new TiVo unit arrived today!

This evening upon returning home, I discovered that our new TiVo unit (a second generation unit at that) had arrived.  It was just ordered on Tuesday evening, so its FedEx delivery was extremely fast.
 
My wife Wyteria had not mentioned anything about this afternoon before she went to work.
 
I had left most of our connections in the same place from our previous unit and just had to remove the old unit/box from our entertainment center.
 
The connections went pretty smooth and I had already planned to buy a wireless USB device to make sure that the new box could take advantage of any network connections.
 
Since the box has arrived so fast, I will probably wait until next week before buying anything.  The initial setup of the new box has already been completed and it appears to be fully functional.
 
I can already tell that I need to add our specific channel lineup and adding the capability to control the tv via the TiVo remote as well.
 
But being that the delivery has pleasantly surprised me, life is indeed good;)
 
Peace!

No comments: