Saturday, April 09, 2005

Gmail Is A Spam Killer & MS Outlook Is Next On Its List!

If you do not have a Gmail account from Google already, just let me know and I will send you an invitation to obtain one if you desire.

I have fallen in Google as a company over and over again lately (just I fell in love with Microsoft, Yahoo, and eBay--in that order too I might add).

Each new Google service and feature has made my online life much easier (and profitable too) and it seems that I am either receiving less spam or have a better way to manage it.

Since they appear to be committed to continuously increasing the storage space for users, I have been using MS Outlook less and less and have used Gmail as a filter for messages before they are received within MS Outlook for several e-mail addresses that I have (for the various domains that we own).

Gmail has been easier to use and search for various messages as well.

I know that they are selling advertising and offering users to get a little piece of the action.

We have joined Google's AdSense program as well, but have not capitalized on the opportunity as we should have and will be the necessary changes to do so.

I originally thought that Yahoo! Mail was the best free online mail service to use and had paid for extra space on several occasions. Hotmail is okay, but don't fail to use the service for 30 days or your saved messages will be deleted.

But now that Gmail is working so well for me and is making the competition step up with free additions also, I am wondering when will Bill Gates wake up and realize that Google is in the process of eating their lunch for them.

But with the billions in cash Microsoft has, I guess that they have the luxury many other companies don't.

Hooray for Gmail!

No comments: