Thursday, May 19, 2005

Music of the Late 80s and Early 90s: More Fun, Less Violence!

I am looking at an episode of Classic Soul on TiVo from VH1.

Most of the songs and videos were made in the late 80s to probably 1993 at the latest.

Although the colors were overblown and the clothes a little too Cosbyish, nothing was present to entice one to go out and buy a 9MM and shoot up a party;)

As a matter of fact, there was no need for crystal meth either as the wide range of colors and sounds created their own vibe.

No one had to buy all of the inventory behind a drug counter in order to find peace.

Every feeling and mood as well as need may be within any point in time.

The same needs existed centuries ago and something else met them then just as people are looking to use chemistry to satisfy their needs now.

Hip hop has gotten too violent to listen to much less experience live.

As personal health goes, I weighed less back then;( Now the violent music makes me look for an exit and I'm in the car by myself;D

Thuggish hip hop does not go well with aerobics:)

I'll take GrandMaster Flash and The Furious Five, Afrika Bambaataa, and Hall & Oates anyday versus trying to get a workout going to the sounds of 50 Cent.

Negative music destroys creativity even when the instrumental version is played.

While the warlike tones, percussive beats, and march cadence of modern hip hop has its place and audience, I have yet to find anyone who has made a good recommendation on when to use it.

No wonder the sales of compilation CDs and other music from previous generations have no end in sight and have taken over the formats of radio stations nonstop.

I do not need anyone else's body parts in my face to make me appreciate who I am and what I am capable of doing.

Thank God there was a party back in the day to create a vibe like we were going to party like it was 1999!

When did gangsters take over the dance floor?

Who gave them the order and the keys?

No comments: