Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fully Loaded, Black Macbook for Sale

I have come to the realization that the mobility of my black Macbook is no longer the high priority it once was and I am offering it for sale in favor upgrading to newer technology.

I am going to purchase an iPod Touch and possibly an iMac to use versus using the Macbook alone in addition to the PC we own.

I am the single owner of the black Macbook since June 2006 shortly after they were announced and made available for purchase on my birthday May 16th of that year.

I have traveled to several cities by plane and automobile and the computer has been a very solid workhorse for me as a power user.

I personally believe that the computer will be best used by someone who is not a power user and will not seek to keep the computer for extended periods of time as a desktop computer.  I do not recommend a notebook computer to anyone that would leave it running overnight.  There are reported overheating incidents whenever the computers are left on for extended periods of time.

Here are the items that will be included with the black Macbook that I am selling:

1 black Macbook
2 Original RAM (512MB total I believe)
2 1GB RAM (installed)
1 320GB Hard Drive (installed)
1 iLife '08 DVD
1 Black Neoprene case
1 Cleaning cloth, Cleaning fluid, & wipes
1 Tiger OSX DVD
1 USB Modem
1 Parallels Disc and 3.12 version as the digital upgrade never installed
1 Windows XP disc with key
1 Leopard OSX DVD disc
1 Final Cut Express 4.0 DVD

The 320GB Hard Drive is under warranty with Western Digital until January 2011.

My firm price for it all is $999 or $800 if the Final Cut Express DVD is not desired.

I am willing to ship the item with insurance within the United States only for $50.  Otherwise, I will be happy to meet an interested party in a nearby mall or library in Cobb County, GA near Atlanta.

The forms of payment accepted will be cash (face to face only), Western Union wire transfer (no paper money orders), Obopay, AlertPay, or cashier's check.  Paper forms of payment will delay shipping until the payment is fully confirmed.  No partial payments will be accepted.

One can buy this Macbook in full confidence that it will serve you in business or pleasure as you stay on the go.

My personal recommendations is that this Macbook would work best for a creative individual that is looking to produce videos or music.  With the built in iSight and microphone, you can have video and audio chats within Leopard.  I have produced dozens of songs on it within GarageBand and used wi-fi in several places nationwide.  As long as you do not leave it on overnight or treat it roughly (it never has been dropped), you will get at least 5 to 10 years before the technology is considered outdated.

Simply contact me to place your order or to arrange a meeting to examine it live!

Peace!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it still for sale? what processor is it running?
contact me at varpickens@gmail.com
thanks.

Roney Smith said...

I just returned from vacation and have yet to install the replacement 320GB HD.

The processor is 2.0 GHz.