Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Faulty Macbook Logic Board Goes On HD Killing Spree

I bought my black Macbook in June 2006.

My original Seagate internal HD died in December 2007. I replaced it with a 320GB Western Digital HD in March 2008 which then died later in 2008 as my past posts indicate.

A 250GB WD HD replaced the 320GB HD which later died in February 2009 in less than 4 to 6 months as the other WD did.

WD's warranties convinced me in February to stay with them versus trying any other manufacturers.

But the replacement 250GB HD has produced the question mark on the folder this evening upon being turned on after I had to turn the Macbook off with the power button last night due to freezing.

Safari and Gmail appeared to create a serious conflict I noticed.

I believe that I'm throwing in the towel on this Macbook and moving to a desktop Mac. I love the portability, but the technical issues are too much at this point.

The costs of another logic board will only yield 6 months of warranty and cost more than an iPod Touch.

So there are at least 3 to 4 internal hard drives that the Macbook has fully digested as well as 1 external hard drive replaced already in 2009.

I am still on board with Apple, but the overheating and logic board issues are too much to endure to only hear Apple quickly claim that the 1 year warranty has passed or serious cash needs to be thrown into a never ending money pit.

Apple needs to make the overheating and logic board issues extinct once and for all.

No comments: