Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Meme: Sing Along / Seven Songs

This evening I got tagged by one of my Twitter and music friends named EJ Flavors to participate in the following musical game of tag with the following guidelines:

"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your spring summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to."

Not one to back down from a musical challenge, here are my seven songs and how they made my list:

7.  Kill Joy N.E.R.D.  Not to offend anyone, but this track was the only one that sounded interesting to me besides the track "Spaz".  I can see a nice, car chase with this song as the background music.  The 80s rap style laid down a nice, percussive, retro vibe on top of the lack of bass in your face throughout the entire project.

6.  Silly Love Songs - Paul McCartney & Wings.  Somehow this song has been imprinted into my mind from a spring-summer trip to Carowinds on the NC-SC border and I have no way to remove it.  It must have been my first trip to the park at a minimum.  No romance was involved in the memory:(

5.  Don't Go - Deitrick Haddon.  From the Mary J. Blige sample in the intro to the end of the song, this is Gospel R&B at its finest.

4.  Don't Disturb This Groove - The System.  I cannot think of too many songs that create a time capsule like this song can for any moment.

3.  Planet Rock - Afrika Bambaataa & The SoulSonic Force.  It is illegal to think of summer without this song for its heat alone.

2.  Sunshine - Alexander O'Neal  A frat brother was supposed to sing either this song or Babyface's song by the same title at our wedding 18 years ago, but sang "You Are My Lady" by Freddie Jackson instead.  Either "Sunshine" is a winner in my book.  Buy this song via iTunes for a better price.

1.  Love Song #1 - Me'Shell N'degeochello.  I just heard the entire project a few weeks ago on Last.fm and ended up buying it right away.  The vibe is perfect for a red light in the basement (throw away the blue one for this project).  TMI, but we could add another young one to our family while being intoxicated by the entire project:)

Now here are a few of my usual suspects musically to get tagged by me as a result:)

DJ Diva


TheJennTaFur


Jordayn7


MrFresh

Anewlis

Tofu916


Thirtydaes


Now it is going to be very interesting to see what everyone else comes up with:)

Peace!

1 comment:

EJ Flavors said...

like that!!!

i gotta say that i love Yeah You and i can't even get past that track on the NERD album. LOVE Silly Love Song.
gotta check the Meshell track too. you got some good people picked too. can't wait to hear what they got to say.