Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Series 7 License Renewed

Today I found out that my series 7 license was renewed as of May 8, 2006 and I am thoroughly ecstatic about the situation.
 
Once you leave the securities industry, your status of having successfully passed the series 7 exam (and more importantly not having to retake the exam) expires after 2 years.  Although I still had several months before mine was to expire in mid-December, I am glad to have the clock get reset as I launch into a new career with a more reputable company with both its clients and employees at heart.
 
One ironic thing is that I never knew how much how my previous employer had damaged its own reputation until I was no longer employed with the company.  Sure I saw websites that did not express love for the company prior to leaving but such websites have to be consumed with a grain of salt.
 
Even changing the name of the company is in vain if the same traits, characteristics, and fundamental issues still occupy its primary motivations.  The former employer still does not have any true value for the customer or the marketplace which is tragic.
 
But I am on to bigger and better things, places, and situations now and although the journey has not always been a pleasurable one, I will say that I would repeat the mileage to get to where I am now positioned without a doubt.
 
Finally, there is some peace, joy, and hope as a new perspective and potential is getting closer everyday.
 
Peace!

2 comments:

JC Carlos said...

Pursuing a career in financial industry is not a walk in the park. If you wish to become a series license holder, like Series 63 and Series 7, I would suggest that you should also take necessary training and preparatory courses before taking the actual licensing exam. This will help you to get an idea on what's the actual licensing is all about.


series 63 training online

Roney Smith said...

Thanks JC and I have already been there and done that!!

I passed the series 7, 66, and 63 (one state did not accept the 66 somehow) from 2004-2006 at 2 different employers!

I started working in the credit segment (not fully related in the minds of many but it is for Main Street) back in 1987!

Now I am helping others get their licenses reactivated after seeing the huge opportunity they were never fully informed of and THEY GET TO KEEP STRONGER CONTROL and STAY OUT OF TRAFFIC at the same time!

Send me your email and I will send you 3 PDFs and a video link with details!!

My First and last name @ gmail.com