Friday, July 29, 2011

Jump On Spotify If You Haven't Already!!

A few weeks ago I registered for a Spotify account and had gotten their free app from the iTunes' store for my iPhone.


I was surprised to see that the free app required a paid subscription in order to work and then I left it alone.


But I had failed to test drive their free, desktop software and after installing it yesterday (July 28, 2011), I have been blown away at the concept and depth of music available.


Their free account is like going to a library, music store, iTunes, Napster (back in the day if you can remember it), and any other vault of music and you can legally listen to for free!!!


Spotify is so cool and great that the price of the paid subscription begins to seem reasonable if you want to take the music on the road with you away from a desktop computer. With a laptop with wifi access, you will not miss anything still!!


My Facebook account (http://ping.fm/3UokR) is linked to my Spotify account and if you want to exchange new and old music discoveries and playlists, just look me up!

Follow me on Spotify


The service has an old school benefit where you will not mind someone walking off years ago with one of your favorite vinyl records, cassette, or CDs if the album is available on Spotify.


It is a huge time saver since one never considers taking the time to digitize music found online.


Spotify connects and imports music and playlists from iTunes as well.


I believe Spotify benefits the various record labels to know exactly who is listening to their music.


It is a win-win-win and goes far beyond any music site I have seen thus far. You may be able to find recommendations elsewhere, but nobody is offering to hear full catalogs of previous and new releases uncut.


Check it out and let me know what you find that blows you away!!!

Peace!

No comments: